Re: List Message Footer - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: List Message Footer
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 09:20 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Blewett wrote:
> > Hi All:
> >
> > I was wondering if it would be possible to add the Message-ID that is
> > displayed in the header of messages on the web interface to the footer
> > that is attached to each message that's delivered via email? It would
> > be very handy to have a link to be able to give to someone for a
> > specific message if you only interact with the lists via email.
>
> The Message-Id is already in the headers of the message ... you just
> have to expand them, because normally it's not displayed by your email
> program.

Yes but that isn't handy, which was a requirement of the problem he was
trying to solve. I think having a link at the bottom of the email that
could automatically take you to the specific thread at archives is a
marvelous idea.

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997