Re: timestamp <-> ctime conversion question... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: timestamp <-> ctime conversion question...
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Glaesemann <grzm@myrealbox.com> writes:
> On Dec 14, 2005, at 2:49 , Tom Lane wrote:
>> There is a built-in function to_timestamp() equivalent to this in 8.1,
>> though it doesn't seem to have made it into the documentation :-(

> It's in 9.8. Data Type Formatting Functions

Yeah, I found it later.  That's about as random a placement as one can
imagine, however --- this is by no possible classification a formatting
function, even if it was rather stupidly given the same name as
something that is a formatting function.  I'm thinking about moving the
entry to where I expected to find it (under Date/Time Functions and
Operators).

            regards, tom lane