Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 14:43 -0400, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>         I'm finding it hard to believe that there is no way to
>         override what
>         Oracle's client library does --- there are *plenty* of
>         situations where
>         you don't really want a client command line exposed to the
>         whole world.
>
> AFAIK, there is no way to override that.  It's very low-level in their
> client stack, is operating-system specific, and has been there
> forever.

But we can easily change what we do, for this specific situation only.

Write a C function to update the process title to something that does
work correctly, then use with update_process_title = off. That way you
can do a specific workaround for this situation without touching the
postmaster code.