Re: ERROR: "failed to locate grouping columns" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dickson S. Guedes
Subject Re: ERROR: "failed to locate grouping columns"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Em Sáb, 2009-03-07 às 19:38 -0500, Tom Lane escreveu:
> "Dickson S. Guedes" <listas@guedesoft.net> writes:
> > And bellow is the select that returns: "ERROR: failed to locate grouping columns"
> > when no rows is returned by the View above, but it runs well when one or more
> > rows is returned by same view.
>
> I really have a hard time believing that whether you get that error is
> contingent on whether the view returns some rows or not.  That's a
> planner message and couldn't possibly have to do with what happens
> at runtime.

And I was really confused when I've tested. I've seen that it's a
planner message, then I discard SUBSELECTs and use JOINs and it works.

> Would you put together a complete example, instead of leaving us to
> guess what's underlying the view?

Ok, I'll prepare a full test and send it.

>  And what PG version is this?

Oh! I forgot to say, the version is 8.3.6.

Thanks.
--
Dickson S. Guedes
-