Re: Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 10:18 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Thing is, our review/commit process is so peculiar to our project that
> using *any* prebuilt solution would require us to change our process to
> support the tool. And I can't imagine this group doing that.

I am not sure I agree with this.

Someone submits patchticket is createdreviewer takes ticketcomments
submitter takes ticketfixes based on comments
review takes ticketapproves
if reviewer is a committers, he commits.
if reviewer isn't he set the ticket to "need final review"
tickets that are in that state are reviewed by commiters.

Sounds like standard stuff to me.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -