use log_statement to log only SELECTs? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brian Witt
Subject use log_statement to log only SELECTs?
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I've been looking for a way to use log_statement to log only select
statements; is this possible?  (I'm using PostgreSQL 8.1.11)

I'd like to know if someone tried to read the data back from the
database, but don't care to see the inserts or updates since these may
have sensitive data like credit card data which I don't want logged in
the logs.  I really don't even care if the SELECT was successful or not,
or what the results of the SELECT were.

The only mention of this I can find is from the archives to
pgsql-hackers:

On Jun 2, 2003 11:51:01 am, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I can't see why someone would want to see only SELECT and not others,
> and I can't imagine wanting modification statements and not DDL.

Thanks,
Brian