Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 06:40 +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> > 8.4-stable
> > 8.4-experimental
> >
> > stable is everything that stable is. PostgreSQL at its best.
> >

> I dislike this idea - it's same like short processed 8.5 -

Actually it isn't because we wouldn't accept features into
8.4-experimental. The only thing we would accept into 8.4-experimental
would be bug fixes that would automatically be ported up to 8.5 (or
perhaps the other way around). We would still continue to build 8.5 as
normal.

> that is
> more simple.

We have tried the short release cycle before, it was called 8.2. It
fails, remarkably.

> regards
> Pavel Stehule

Well like I said, its just an idea :)