Re: Hot standby, RestoreBkpBlocks and cleanup locks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Hot standby, RestoreBkpBlocks and cleanup locks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 21:01 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > It would be useful to nibble away at the patch, committing all the
> > necessary refactorings to make the patch work. That will reduce size of
> > eventual commit.
>
> I committed this part now; one less thing to review. Please adjust the
> patch accordingly.

OK, thanks.

I did want you to commit those changes, but that was 8 days ago and much
has changed since then. Now, I'm slightly worried that this may be a
retrograde step. The last 3 days I've been refactoring the code to
account for other requirements, as I have been discussing, and some of
these things have now changed. Though the general pattern of your
suggested refactoring remains the same.

I'll check in more detail, but please could we talk before you commit
parts, otherwise we'll just trip over each other.

I'll post the new version (v8f) (which is pre-commit) this evening, so
we can discuss.

Can we plan a move to GIT? We can both work on things at the same time
and my changes can be more visible. There will be some initial pain...