Re: still having pg_user error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: still having pg_user error
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin@wazagua.com> writes:
> Well I re-installed Fedora 3 and updated my postgres and started the =
> service
> (no command line stuff).

> When I connected using pgadmin I still got the sp_user error.

Fedora 3?  You should've mentioned that before.  I'll bet you've got
SELinux enabled in enforcement mode.  SELinux interferes with initdb
and I believe a missing pg_user view is one of the symptoms.

This is fixed in the very latest postgresql and selinux-policy-targeted
RPMs (u need both), but the path of least resistance is often to dial
SELinux down to permissive mode (sudo /usr/sbin/setenforce 0) for long
enough to do the initdb.

If you're running SELinux in strict rather than targeted policy, good
luck ... I honestly haven't tried that one at all ...
        regards, tom lane