Re: [BUGS] Status of issue 4593 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: [BUGS] Status of issue 4593
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> That code has been working like this for eight or ten years now and this
> is the first complaint, so taking away functionality on the grounds that
> someone might happen to update the ordering column doesn't seem like the
> answer to me.

If they are using FOR UPDATE, they clearly expect concurrent updates. If
they're using ORDER BY, they clearly expect the results to be in order.

So who is the target user of this functionality we're trying to protect?

Regards,Jeff Davis