Re: pgday.org : how to federate the PgDays ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: pgday.org : how to federate the PgDays ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 16:22 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Friday 09 January 2009 15:04:38 damien clochard wrote:
> > i recently asked myself  « how many pgdays (or 'PostgreSQL dedicated
> > conferences' ) have been organized in 2008 ? » . My first answer were
> > "many" and "more than in 2007" but i couldn't get any numbers easily.
>
> My take on it is that there is only one pgday, just like there is only one
> pgcon, both being kind of brand names.  So I would just keep the pgday.org
> domain for the European event in the Prato tradition.

PgDay has already been absorbed into OSCON, LWE, LFNW as well as things
like PgDay.FR , etc... PgCon is used fairly liberally as well outside
the inner circle. Such as PgCON EU, PgCON.br. There is even a rumor of
an international PgCon.JP in 2009.

It seems the the terms are not a brand individually but more a collage
of a brand around PostgreSQL itself.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL