Re: text search patch status update? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sushant Sinha
Subject Re: text search patch status update?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The default headline generation function is complicated. It checks a lot
of cases to determine the best headline to be displayed. So Heikki's
examples just say that headline generation function may not be very
intuitive. However, his examples were not affected by the bug.

Because of the bug, hlcover was not returning a cover when the query
item was the first lexeme in the text. And so the headline generation
function will return just MINWORDS rather than the actual headline as
per the logic.

After the patch you will see the difference in the example:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-07/msg00785.php

-Sushant.