Hot Standby Query Conflicts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Hot Standby Query Conflicts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
After various discussions over last few months, it's now time to
finalise the way we handle query conflicts in Hot Standby.

Please can interested people read
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Hot_Standby#Query_Conflicts
which is user docs for how HS will handle this. Remember we're nearly in
beta, so this is really just to check understanding rather than to
generate further ideas and debate.

The whole of http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Hot_Standby#Usage
is also worth reading, which now runs to about 4-5 pages/screens.

Design overview stuff is somewhat historical now, but may be interesting
to read since it continues earlier design thoughts.