Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 09:22 -0500, Greg Stark wrote:

> I'm confused shouldn't read-only transactions on the slave just be
> hacked to not set any hint bits including lp_delete?

They could be, though I see no value in doing so.

But that is not Heikki's point. He is discussing what happens on the
primary and the effects that must then occur on the standby. He has
rightly pointed out a (pluggable) hole in my logic.