Re: When to hold Pg East - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: When to hold Pg East
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 17:02 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > You also might want to throw a disclaimer into the date area that voting
> > for "Late May" would still respect the PGCon schedule.  As the second
> > mover here, I think your only viable options here are snuggling up next
> > to it (East on May {15/}16/17 would open an interesting combo trip
> > possibility for long distance travellers, PHL->YYZ is a quick flight),
> > or staying clear of that period altogether.
>
> Making it back-to-back with pgCon would make things easier on speakers.
>   However, it would likely decrease both attendence and sponsorships for
> each conference.

I don't know that it would affect sponsorship all that much, that is
just a budget thing, one month between them doesn't make a difference
there. Well with the maybe exception of those who are going to budget
quarterly.

It could affect attendance for some of the contributors but normal users
I doubt it much. Maybe. I mean last year we were only 2 months different
and neither show suffered. Do we think that 2 months is different than 2
weeks? *shrug*

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--