Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance] - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Date
Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]  ("Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 13:33 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > Pardon me, but: what the hell?  Since when is this page meant to
> > advertise third-party distributions of Postgres, which the community
> > has no control over and hasn't even quality-checked?
>
> We have done so for years. The origin of each third party distro is
> clearly marked.

Dave, that isn't true. In the last six months that page has become a
much more clearly defined portal for software "not" postgresql.org. Yes
we have always "supported" our partners/sponsors/tertiary projects but
never has it been so clearly in your face.

Now I am not saying we should change it (basically because I don't have
a better answer) but I do think it is important to recognize, publicly
the pandering to others we are starting to do.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/  The PostgreSQL
Company,serving since 1997