Re: new correlation metric - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: new correlation metric
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 18:33 +1100, Brendan Jurd wrote:
> If I'm grokking the thread, it looks like Tom suggested a substantial
> change in the approach (targetting per-index correlation rather than
> per-column) [1], and although you agreed with the spirit of his
> suggestion[2], there hasn't been a new version of the patch submitted
> in response.

Yes, that's correct.

Due to the substantial changes from the original version, I don't think
our patch counts as being finished before November 1st. We're continuing
to work on it, but I think that the earliest we'll be ready for review
is at the end of the week.

We don't want to hold anything up, so feel free to move on to another
patch. If you still have time to review when we have a better patch,
we'd appreciate your feedback even if it's too late for 8.4.

Regards,Jeff Davis