Re: Hot Standby: Caches and Locks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Hot Standby: Caches and Locks
Date
Re: Hot Standby: Caches and Locks
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 15:06 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:

> We can't augment the commit/abort messages because
> we must cater for non-transactional invalidations also, plus commit
> xlrecs are already complex enough. So we log invalidations prior to
> commit, queue them and then trigger the send at commit (if it
> happens).

Augmenting the commit messages seems like the better approach. It allows
invalidation messages to be fired as they are read off the xlrec. Still
need the additional message type to handle nontransactional
invalidation. There are other messages possibly more complex than this
already.