Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 00:52 -0400, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> While we could build an
> abstract prefetch interface and simply use fadvise for it now (rather
> than OS-specific code), I don't see an easy win in any case.

When building an abstract interface, always use at least two
implementations (I guess that would be fadvise on linux and AIO on
solaris in this case). You are much more likely to get the interface
right this way.

Hannu