Re: Deriving Recovery Snapshots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Deriving Recovery Snapshots
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 15:20 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:

> I've integrated my five patches together into one now:
> * recovery_infrastruc.v9.patch
> * atomic_subxids.v7.patch
> * hs_connect
> * hs_checks
> * hs_snapshot
>
> Seems positive that it all integrated so quickly and tests OK.
> More later.

Wahoo! Worked first time.

postgres=# select count(*) from branches;count
(1 row)

That's with archive recovery waiting for next WAL file, so not applying
new changes or holding locks.

So that's the good news. Still have much more work to make everything
work safely while WAL apply happens. And the shooting hasn't started yet
either. So there's light, but nowhere near the end of the tunnel.

So looks like I'll be shipping first combined patch tomorrow.