Re: Null row vs. row of nulls in plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Null row vs. row of nulls in plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 04:03 +0300, Greg Stark wrote:
> Iirc the reason for this fuzziness came from the SQL spec definition
> of IS NULL for rows. As long as you maintain that level of spec-
> compliance I don't think there are any other important constraints on
> pg behaviour.

What does SQL spec say about recursive IS NULL for rows ?

Should we check that IS NULL is true for each row element, or must they
actually be NULL's ?

hannu=# select row(null, null) is NULL;?column?
(1 row)

hannu=# select row(null, row(null, null)) is NULL;?column?
(1 row)

Hannu