Re: about partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joao Ferreira gmail
Subject Re: about partitioning
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

still with partitioning...

wheter I use rules or triggers is there a way for me _not_ to specify
field-by-field all the fields I wish to be redirected to the
child-table...

as example:

instead of this:
create rule insert_t_1 AS ON INSERT TO teste WHERE (t>=1000 and t<2000)
DO INSTEAD INSERT INTO t_1 VALUES (NEW.t, NEW.s1, NEW.s2 NEW.s3, NEW.s4
NEW.s5, NEW.s6, NEW.s7, NEW.s8);

something like this:
create rule insert_t_1 AS ON INSERT TO teste WHERE (t>=1000 and t<2000)
DO INSTEAD INSERT INTO t_1 VALUES (__ALL__);

of course this assumes that the child table inherits all fields from the
parent table _and_ has no extra fields which is exactly my case.

any hints.

thx