Re: Transaction Snapshots and Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Transaction Snapshots and Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 15:23 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I'd imagine that even if applying the WAL on the slave is blocked, it's
> still streamed from the master to the slave, and in case of failover the
> slave will fast-forward before starting up as the new master.

Which begs the question: what happens with a query which is running on
the slave in the moment when the slave switches from recovery mode and
starts up ? Should the running queries be canceled if they are blocking
applying of WAL, to allow start-up, or let them finish ?

Cheers,
Csaba.