Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 11:05 +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2008/8/18 Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>:
> > Hi,

> >> So what? That is not the only criterion for backpatching.
> >
> > I fail to understand why this problem is not qualified as a bug.
> >

> Does it change of result some queries?

Not in the long run, but not invalidating the functions (current
behaviour) postpones seeing the results of function change until DBA
manually restarts the error-producing client.

> It is protection to server's hang?

Can't understand this question :(

If you mean, does the change protect against hanging the server, then
no, currently the server does not actually hang, it just becomes
unusable until reconnect :(

---------
Hannu