Re: Transaction-controlled robustness for replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Transaction-controlled robustness for replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 11:27 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I disagree.  If they make it the master they change the setting.

It's not acceptable to force people to edit a configuration file when
failover occurs. Some people wish to automate this and fumbling
parameter values at this important time is definitely inappropriate. We
gain nothing by asking people do do things that way.

Plus, as I have said: if it is controlled on the Standby then it will
not be transaction-controlled and this will be a useful thing.

I asked myself "where would I like to be set?" The answer was "on the
master". If you think differently, please say why. Yes, we can set it on
the standby, but I see no reason to do so.