Re: non-WAL btree? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Vinogradovs
Subject Re: non-WAL btree?
Date
List pgsql-general
It's all about number of repetions. If say I load my table
with 50k every minute, and run reindex every minute, how
long do you think it would take by end of the day, when
my table (it's daily partition actually) is at maximum
capacity ? And database may actually never crash, and
I won't have to run reindex at all ;)

Btw, SELECT INTO is also a non-WAL operation when
archiving is disabled, or am I missing something ?

Alex.