Re: pgsql: Support "variadic" functions, which can accept a variable number - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: pgsql: Support "variadic" functions, which can accept a variable number
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 01:30 +0000, Tom Lane wrote:

>         create_function.sgml (r1.78 -> r1.79)
>         (http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/doc/src/sgml/ref/create_function.sgml?r1=1.78&r2=1.79)

I think CREATE FUNCTION should specifically mention that VARIADIC can
only be used as the arg mode of the last parameter. Other pages mention
this, but the syntax doesn't, which could confuse people. Like me, who
started with the CREATE FUNCTION page, rather than other parts of the
docs.