Re: No answers on CommitFest procedures? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: No answers on CommitFest procedures?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 10:58 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Have received exactly zero feedback on the question of whether I should
> be assigning reviewers to "WIP" patches or not.

I suppose it depends on what exactly "WIP" means, but I should think
that if work is still "in progress", the patch is not ready to be
reviewed yet. Patches that are truly WIP probably shouldn't be
candidates for a commit fest until they are finished, anyway.

BTW, the pg_dump lock timeout patch was previously listed as "WIP", but
I think it is better classified as "waiting for response". Waiting for a
reviewer's comments to be incorporated into a new version of the patch
should be a distinct state from waiting for the initial version of the
patch to be completed.

-Neil