Live CDs for upcoming shows - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Live CDs for upcoming shows
Date
Re: Live CDs for upcoming shows  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: Live CDs for upcoming shows  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: Live CDs for upcoming shows  (Chander Ganesan <chander@otg-nc.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

O.k. folks, it is that time of year again. Normally we press anywhere
from 500-1000 live cds for the upcoming years events. However, I am
starting to wonder if it is worth it.

Yes they are grabbers for people, but how many people actually use it?

I can honestly say the last CD I grabbed and used what a Solaris DVD
just because they finally released a DVD versus 7 ISO image downloads.

Do we want to spend the money? And frankly, do we want to be part of
that environmental impact? Does it matter?

Another option would be to get preloaded pen drives. They are more
expensive but certainly more interesting, usable and durable.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake