Re: In the belly of the beast (MySQLCon) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: In the belly of the beast (MySQLCon)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 11:32 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com> wrote:
> > > I am going to play with this and see where it breaks, but it's going to be
> >  > an enormous time investment to babysit it.

One more suggestion: if you happen to use the alt_perl tools, be sure to
uncomment/change the line:

$SYNC_CHECK_INTERVAL = 1000;

In my experience it made a big difference to set that to 60000 (meaning
sync events created once per minute instead of once per second) for the
synchronizing after copy phase. The number of events generated while the
copy over is running can be so big that it will never get in sync again
otherwise...

Cheers,
Csaba.