Re: TRUNCATE TABLE with IDENTITY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: TRUNCATE TABLE with IDENTITY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > SQL200n specifies a new qualifier on a TRUNCATE command
> > TRUNCATE TABLE foo
> >     [ CONTINUE IDENTITY | RESTART IDENTITY ]
>
> > CONTINUE IDENTITY is the default and does nothing, like now.
>
> > RESTART IDENTITY will reset the SERIAL sequences back to the original
> > start value.
>
> > Seems like a % project for the TODO list
>
> Seems like copying syntax from a *draft* standard is a bit premature,
> especially when the amount of functionality added is nil.

It's at the final yes-or-no vote stage. Seems unlikely to be "no" to me,
and it would be good to be seen to be proactive on standards support.

The added functionality in this case isn't nil.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com