Re: 8.3.0 upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: 8.3.0 upgrade
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 21:26 -0500, Adam Rich wrote:
>  Next, one of my apps failed because of a dependency on libpq.so.4.
>  During previous upgrades, I remedied that by installing this package:
>
>  compat-postgresql-libs-4-2PGDG.rhel4
>
> But it seems under the 8.3.0 binary downloads, this package is no
> longer available.  The only compat package is
> "compat-postgresql-libs-3"  which of course includes only libpq.so.3
> so I had to browse older  releases to find the missing version which I
> thought seemed a little odd.

Pick your OS/Arch from this list, and click to it:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/rpmchart.php

Then click to "C" at the top, and download the compat package.

Also, you can use that repository, so that it will take care of the
dependencies:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/howtoyum.php

Regards,
--