Re: SRF memory leaks - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: SRF memory leaks
Date
List pgsql-patches
> "It's OK in the built-in SRFs" is disastrously different from "It's OK".

Right, I never said that, I was just commenting on your view that the
predominant use-case for SRFs is returning refcounted tupdescs.

You didn't comment on my proposed solution (FreeTupleDesc() iff refcount
== -1). ISTM that we *need* to free the TupleDesc in at least some
cases, in order to defend against the practice of explicitly allocating
the TupleDesc in the per-query context.

-Neil