UPDATES hang every 5 minutes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mr19
Subject UPDATES hang every 5 minutes
Date
Re: UPDATES hang every 5 minutes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: UPDATES hang every 5 minutes  (Joseph S <jks@selectacast.net>)
Re: UPDATES hang every 5 minutes  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
List pgsql-general
I have a process that updates ~ 1500 rows in a table once a second.  Every 5
minutes (almost exactly) the update takes ~ 15 seconds (normally < 1).  I
have run htop/top on the machine during this time period and do not see
anything unusual.  I am running postgres 8.1.8 on a FC6 box.

Any type of internal accounting/logging set to 5 minute intervals by default
within postgres?  Right now I am looking at pg_stats activity to see if
there is anything there but so far have had no luck.

TIA
Marc