Re: JDBC, prepared queries, and partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: JDBC, prepared queries, and partitioning
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 16:41 -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Simon Riggs wrote:
>
> > OK, but AFAICS the docs relating to prepareThreshold are wrong. They
> > describe behaviour that doesn't happen all of the time, yet there is
> > nothing to indicate that.
>
> That's spelled out in detail if you follow the link:
>
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/83/server-prepare.html

I'd read it before and again before I posted this evening. Which part of
that says prepareTheshold only applies to v2 protocol?

The code example doesn't explicitly state protocolVersion as you say is
required either.

> > Happy to provide a patch, if you'd like.

> If you think it's important, go ahead.

You don't think its important?

--
  Simon Riggs