Re: Perceived weaknesses of postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Perceived weaknesses of postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 13:39 +0100, Csaba Nagy wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 13:29 +0100, Dawid Kuroczko wrote:
> > > * no direct table cache control;
> >
> > Could you elaborate more on this one?

OK, re-reading what I just wrote makes me think it was not clear enough:
I think they mean you can _reserve_ some cache memory directly to
specific tables/table groups so that reserved cache is only used by
those tables, and thus will not be sensitive to other activities than
the access to those tables. Particularly a sequential scan on another,
big, table will not touch that reserved cache, or any other big sweep of
data access on other tables.

Not sure this time I got it actually clearer though :-)

Cheers,
Csaba.