Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
 Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and  (Richard Plotkin, )
  Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
 Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
   Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Richard Plotkin, )
    Re: Disk filling, CPU filling, renegade inserts and deletes?  (Alvaro Herrera, )

Richard Plotkin <> writes:
> I updated postgres to 8.0.2, am running vacuumdb -faz every 3 hours,
> and 50 minutes after a vacuum the CPU usage still skyrocketed, and the
> disk started filling.  This time, there is only a single file that is
> spanning multiple GB, but running oid2name again returns no result on
> the oid or filenode.

What is the filename exactly (full path)?

            regards, tom lane