Re: Storing database in cluster (Memory) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Subject Re: Storing database in cluster (Memory)
Date
List pgsql-general

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of roopa perumalraja
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:33 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Storing database in cluster (Memory)

Hi all,

As I am inserting 100million rows daily into partitioned tables (daily wise), it is getting slower. Even the retrivel of data, select statement on those tables takes about 30 mintues. I have tried increasing the parameters in postgres.conf but still that doesn't help me much as the no of rows are huge. Will the idea of storing the database in cluster (memory) increase the performance of insert/update/select in the table in a suitation like this? Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Roopa

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Hello Roopa,

Are you doing any vacuum runs on these tables? Most time degrading performance one highly updated tables is caused by not performing any vacuum runs.

Greetings,
Matthias