Re: Failed archive_command copy - number of attempts configurable? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Harris
Subject Re: Failed archive_command copy - number of attempts configurable?
Date
List pgsql-general
Fujii, thank you very much for this clarification.

Regards,
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Fujii Masao [mailto:masao.fujii@gmail.com]
Sent: 09 November 2010 11:55
To: Daniel Harris
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Failed archive_command copy - number of attempts configurable?

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 4:01 AM, dan.m.harris
<daniel.harris@metaswitch.com> wrote:
> But then the primary retries this another 49 times! So 150 attempts in all.
>
> What I need to know is whether these numbers are configurable?

No.

> Can they be
> timed? How long before the primary stops retrying altogether?

Forever until the archive will have been available again.

BTW, since the primary cannot remove the unarchived WAL file from
pg_xlog directory, unless you fix the archive soon, the primary might
run out of the disk space and cause a PANIC error.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center