Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Date
List pgsql-www

Like I said, I'm aware that a lot of people don't like the idea :-)

> > And yes, I'm aware that quite a number of people won't like that, but
> > doing similar things cuts a *lot* of spam at other sites I manage.
> >

> Well I would prefer to see a trigger that checks the recipient against
> known users and aliases. If it doesn't match it is immediately bounced
> and we never see it.

Uh, what? You'd need to check the *sender*, not the recipient? At least
that's where this thread started...
But yeah, that would also work, as long as there is a good way to
maintain that list. Shouldn't be too hard to do, but I'm unsure how it
would interface with the hub.org mail infrastructure. Marc?

That said, I still think we should check the recipient of the email on
all MXes, but that's a completely different thing that has also been
discussed before. (We do check them on the listserver)

//Magnus