Re: [HACKERS] Release notes introductory text - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Release notes introductory text
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 16:04 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>     This release represents a major leap forward by adding significant new
>     functionality and performance enhancements to
>     <productname>PostgreSQL</>. Many complex ideas that normally take years
>     to implement were added rapidly to this release by our development team.
>     This release starts <productname>PostgreSQL</> on a trajectory moving
>     beyond feature-parity with other database systems to a time when
>     <productname>PostgreSQL</> will be a technology leader in the database
>     field. Major new capabilities in this release include:

Well said.

PostgreSQL is already well beyond the open source pack and I can point
to many features that exist in commercial databases that have their
origin in our code base. PostgreSQL has long been a focal point for
Computer Science research and we should shout about it.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com