Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too
Date
List pgsql-patches
> FYI, here are the URL's I mention in our source code:

>  *      Wine (URL used in our error messages) -
>  *          http://source.winehq.org/source/include/ntstatus.h
>  *      Descriptions - http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~wuyongzh/my_doc/ntstatus.txt
>  *      MS SDK - http://www.nologs.com/ntstatus.html

I don't have a problem with mentioning those in a source code comment.
I question the wisdom of putting any of them in the error message ...
especially seeing that you haven't even found an "official" Microsoft
page to link to.  None of those look to me like they're stable enough
to expect to still be there in three or four years.

            regards, tom lane