Re: BUG #13664: pg_restore fails with -j parameter when restoring 9.1 db onto 9.5 alpha db - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #13664: pg_restore fails with -j parameter when restoring 9.1 db onto 9.5 alpha db
Date
List pgsql-bugs
slava@cloudflare.com writes:
> I am trying to restore 9.1 dump into new 9.5 database.
> pg_restore seems to hang indefinitely (not doing anything) when I set number
> of jobs: "-j 4".
> works fine if skipping "-j" setting. On same machine, 9.1 restores fine on
> same host.

Impossible to do anything with this report with that much detail.
Can you look into pg_stat_activity to see what the pg_restore jobs
are doing when activity ceases?  Can you show us the declarations
of the tables or other objects they're working on?

            regards, tom lane