Re: Help! Can't pg_dump anything: handler procedure for procedural language plpgsql not found - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Help! Can't pg_dump anything: handler procedure for procedural language plpgsql not found
Date
List pgsql-general
mm98au@brocku.ca (Mark Mikulec) writes:
> But i'd always get the following error message:
>  pg_dump: handler procedure for procedural language plpgsql not found

Do you have any functions written in plpgsql?  (I'm guessing not, or you
would have other problems besides pg_dump not working.)  If not, you can
just delete the pg_language entry for plpgsql:

DELETE FROM pg_language WHERE lanname = 'plpgsql';

If you do have any such functions, you should drop them first.
(Alternatively, let pg_dump find them for you, and drop them in response
to its complaints.)

            regards, tom lane