Additional debugging of idle sessions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Goldner
Subject Additional debugging of idle sessions?
Date
List pgsql-general
I am experiencing a blocking situation in my database (Postgresql 8.1.8
on Redhat).  When I do a "ps -ef|grep postgres" I see two processing
that are "idle in transaction" and they stay there indefinitely.

I'm running JBoss (the problem is in JBossMQ) and I'm having trouble
pinpointing the location/cause of the block as JBoss doesn't report any
errors or exceptions.  It just sits there.

Is there any way to increase the debug logging or issue a query so that
I could find the actual select statements that are idle?  That would
help me isolate the source of my problem.

Thanks