Re: Poor addBatch performance. Why dosn't it use copy ? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Giuseppe Sacco
Subject Re: Poor addBatch performance. Why dosn't it use copy ?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
[send post, since the first one was rejected by MTA]

Hi femski,

Il giorno ven, 20/04/2007 alle 04.39 -0700, femski ha scritto:
[...]
> Why doesn't the Postgres JDBC driver use "copy" for faster bulk insert ?
> What is the best way to speedup
> do bulk insert at this time or in near future (I was to use standard JDBC
> API) ?

I use addBatch() very often when, but I use it with statement that work
on different tables. I think it would really be difficult to check if
the statements are referring the same table and the same field.

Why don't you write all record in one insert statement like "INSERT INTO
table (fields) VALUES (...,...), (...,...), (...,..);" I think both
oracle and postgres 8.2 should accept this syntax.

Bye,
Giuseppe