Re: Second call for platform testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Second call for platform testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <joseph.conway@home.com> writes:
> A little experimentation shows that "geometry-solaris-precision.out" is
> a perfect match. Two questions:

Excellent.

> 1. Do we use "geometry-solaris-precision.out", or clone it with a more
> appropriate name like "geometry-hpux11.out" or
> "geometry-hpux-precision.out"?

I'd use it as-is.  Not worth the trouble to rename it, and we definitely
don't want to carry around two copies.

> 2. The current resultmap says: "geometry/hppa=geometry-positive-zeros".
> What do we modify to so that it differentiates between HPUX11 and
> HPUX10? I see it's related to the config.guess output and the pg_regress
> script, but it's not clear to me where to make a change.

Looks like it's got to be

geometry/hppa-hp-hpux9=geometry-positive-zeros
geometry/hppa-hp-hpux10=geometry-positive-zeros
geometry/hppa-hp-hpux11=geometry-solaris-precision

Ugh, but ...

Please check that's OK on 11, and I'll double check it on 10.