Re: CLUSTER and MVCC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: CLUSTER and MVCC
List pgsql-hackers
Ühel kenal päeval, R, 2007-03-09 kell 11:29, kirjutas Heikki
Linnakangas:
> Is there a particular reason why CLUSTER isn't MVCC-safe? It seems to me
> that it would be trivial to fix, by using SnapshotAny instead of
> SnapshotNow, and not overwriting the xmin/xmax with the xid of the
> cluster command.
>
> I feel that I must missing something, or someone would've already fixed
> it a long time ago...

Probably it is not MVCC safe because the relation is swapped out from
under the pg_class.

That is, it can be possible , that older and newer transactions read
different datafiles and so simle MVCC does not work.

--
Hannu Krosing

Skype me:  callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free:  http://www.skype.com