Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option
Date
Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option  ("Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at>)
List pgsql-hackers
> All,
>
> > > But we do don't we? fsync = off, full_page_writes = off?
>
> BTW, our testing seems to indicate that full_page_writes = off is safe on
> Solaris 10 on good hardware.  At least, we haven't been able to break it yet.

Is that an OS-dependent parameter? I always assumed it depended entirely
on hardware. I have no way to test it for myself though, so I just leave
full_page_writes=on to be safe.

Regards,Jeff Davis