Re: Why can't I put a BEFORE EACH ROW trigger on a view? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karl O. Pinc
Subject Re: Why can't I put a BEFORE EACH ROW trigger on a view?
Date
Re: Why can't I put a BEFORE EACH ROW trigger on a view?  ("Webb Sprague" <webb.sprague@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 02/24/2007 06:25:54 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> create your table, create your triggers on the table.
> Use a view on top of the table for viewing (there is no such thing as
> select rule (well there is, but it is called a view)).

Yes, and you can't put a BEFORE EACH ROW trigger
on a view, which is my problem.  I have _additional_
constraints to place on modifications done through
views, and trickyness involved in modifying the
underlying tables.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein